05. Our Services
What can we do for you?
We provide many services including:
- Statutory Declarations
- Certified Copies
- Witnessing a signature on any other document
- Providing blank forms from stock
- Creating a document (which is not in stock) for a specific scenario
- Providing stationary
- Printing (prior to meeting)
- Printing/Photocopying (during meeting)
- Sending a scan of a document just signed to an email address
- Hand delivering an envelope
- Services for Solicitors
- Services for Accountants
Signing all Affidavits for use in Ireland
Administering any Oath / sometimes called “Swearing an Affidavit” or creating a Sworn Affidavit
- Affidavit of Freedom to Marry
(we can provide the blank form for this also)
- Sole Guardian Affidavit when applying for Passport for a child
(we can provide the blank form for this also)
- Affidavit of Means
- Sworn Affidavit of no criminal convictions
(when a person who has lived abroad intends attending certain courses in some Colleges they are often required to produce a police clearance certificate from their foreign country. Sometimes this is not possible and some Colleges will accept Sworn ‘Affidavit of no criminal convictions’ We can provide a template for this.
- Affidavit of Welfare
- Statement of Affairs
- All Revenue Commissioner Affidavits for any purpose
- Oath of Executor (part of the probate process)
- Affidavit of testamentary capacity by Medical Doctor (part of the probate process)
- Affidavit Form 47 used by the Land Registry ‘Application for registration by surviving joint tenant(s) – and indeed all other Land Registry Affidavits
- Affidavit in lieu of a Lost Document
- Affidavit of loss
- Affidavit of Attesting witness
(Part of the deed poll ‘change of name’ process). We can assist you with that process, in order to reduce the chances of your documents being rejected.
Signing all Statutory Declarations for use in Ireland
Taking any Declaration or “Stat Dec”
- Statutory Declaration as part of the Citizenship/Naturalisation Form 8 process
- Statutory Declaration as part of the CORU registration process
- Statutory Declaration as part of taking up a new job – or promotion – with the HSE
- Statutory Declarations required as part of the ‘de facto visa / defacto visa’ application process, wherein three people sign in the same place at the same time, before the same Commissioner for Oaths (we are available in the evenings, which makes our service very useful for this form)
- For anyone working in School – The Department of Education Model Statutory Declaration of Character which ‘must be completed prior to a person being appointed to any teaching or non-teaching position with a school authority’
- For teachers: Statutory Declaration required for Department of Education Home Based July Provision for Teachers
- Statutory Declaration by a company competing for a tender / tendering process for work from a state agency or similar / European agency
- Statutory Declaration of Service
- Statutory Declaration as to whether or not a property is a “family home” (also known as Family Home Declaration/FHD)
- Statutory Declaration of a Landlord for the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB) ‘Notice of Tenant Termination’ where the Landlord a) intends to sell the dwelling, or b) Requires the dwelling for his own use, or requires the dwelling for the use of a member of his family
- Statutory Declaration MP2A / MP2A(1) / MP2B / MP2D / MP2E / MP2F by an Irish citizen who intends getting married abroad (outside Ireland). This form relates to such a person seeking a Civil Letter of Freedom / Certificate de Coutume / Nulla Osta / Certificate of no Impediment (which are all the same thing) from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs. We can sign the Statutory Declaration required for this, and we sign the rear of the persons Birth Cert as an ‘Exhibit’.
(with an original Birth Certificate as an Exhibit)
- University / College Statutory Declaration for Replacement Parchment
(e.g. Cork Institute of Technology / Cork IT / CIT)
- Statutory Declaration of Father and Mother in relation to Joint Guardianship of a child (we can also provide the blank form)
- Statutory Declaration of eligibility and suitability under the Adoption Act (often with Marriage Certificate as an Exhibit)
- Statutory Declaration required as part of application form for a Gender Recognition Certificate
- For Irish citizens emigrating to Canada: Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union
Certifying a photocopy as being a True Copy of the original
Also known as a “Certified Copy”. This is referred to in the US as a “Notarized Copy” and in India it’s called an “Attested Copy”. We do not sign documents for India.
You should bring the original document and the copy. Your photocopy should be in colour as many authorities no longer accept black and white copies.
If you do not have a photocopy then we have a portable photocopier. We can scan all sizes of paper (including A3) and reduce to A4.
- Copy of Birth Certificate/Marriage Certificate/ Irish Residence Permit (IRP which replaced the GNIB Card) as part of Form 8 Citizenship/Naturalisation process
- Copy of Passport as part of HSE new job/promotion paperwork
- Copy of College or University Degree / Parchment / Testatum
- Copy of a Passport Copy or Driving Licence / Drivers Licence
- Copy of Bank Statements for Australian Immigration authorities or other purposes
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Marriage Certificate
- Copy of Employers Reference letter
- Copy of School letter for Irish Immigration or other purposes
- Copy of any Letter / Invoice / Business document / Company document for any purpose
- Attesting the execution of a bond / deed
(e.g. Witnessing the signing of a Deed of Separation or Separation Agreement (we can witness either both the husband and wife sign, or just one party, plus we can travel to each party separately if required)
Witnessing a signature on any other document
Sometimes called “Counter signing” in the UK, or “Notarizing a signature” in American terminology. If you would like your signature witnessed for any purpose, it can be done.
- Witnessing a parents signature on letter of consent to travel / letter of authorisation to travel / letter of authorization to travel
(used when a child or minor is travelling abroad without both parents. Following the ‘Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction’ many Airlines and other agencies require such a letter. We can also provide a blank form for this)
- Witnessing a signature on a business contract / personal agreement
Providing blank forms from stock
Usually, a person needing the services of a Commissioner for Oaths will already have a blank form which was given to them by some agency/company/person, but if not then we carry forms that can be used for many situations.
Creating a document (which is not in stock) for a specific scenario
We can provide you with a template, and certain guidance
Such as an envelope, which is useful as some customers have urgent business
Sale of Postage stamps at face value
Printing (prior to meeting)
Customers can email any documents they need printed related to their signing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Printing/Photocopying (during meeting)
We have a portable printer / photocopier / scanner.
Sending a scan of a document just signed to an email address
We can send a .PDF scan of your document
Hand delivering an envelope
You might want your signed document delivered to someone: such as a Solicitor or Accountant. However, we do not provide a summons serving service.
Services for Solicitors
Solicitors often need the signatures of clients witnessed.
- A Solicitor in another County might post an Affidavit or Statutory Declaration to a client in Cork. The client might be too busy during office hours to visit an Independent Commissioner. One cannot – of course – witness a signature by post, so we have the solution. We can visit your client in his/her home or office, witness the document(s), and can also deliver/post the signed document back to you if you wish. Contact us – as and when required – to arrange attendance.
Services for Accountants
Accountants often need the signatures of clients witnessed.
- Inland Revenue Affidavit (Revenue Form CA24)
- Liquidator’s Affidavit (CRO Form E4)
- Other forms under the Companies Act 2014
- Affidavit verifying petition
- Affidavit in support of list of contributories
- Affidavit of official liquidator in support of application for a call
- Affidavit of non-payment
- Affidavit of official liquidator as to debts
- Affidavit of creditor in proof of debt
- Liquidator’s Affidavit verifying his account under section 306
- Affidavit verifying an application for certification of Liquidator in a creditors’ voluntary winding up.
For the avoidance of doubt even if an Accountant also happens to be a Commissioner for Oaths, or have a similar title, they should be careful not to sign any Affidavit or Declaration for their own clients. This is because a Commissioner for Oaths is required to be an independent witness. If signed then a document could be questioned in the future.